QUESTIONS ON NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA)
- What is NITA?
National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) is a state corporation established to promote highest standards in the quality and efficiency of industrial training in Kenya to ensure adequate supply of properly trained manpower at all levels.
- What are the Benefits of being a NITA levy contributor
- All employers are required to pay a levy for every employee in the organization per month (kshs 50) for the purpose of developing staff capacity.
- Any training sponsored by an employer is refundable by NITA as long as the training provider used is accredited by NITA.
- To register as an employer with NITA download the form from NITA website.
- How to qualify for refund of money spent on training the staff?
- The employer should notify NITA 7 days before the training by filling the training application form
- Provide the names and copies of ID’S for the employees nominated to attend the training
- Attach the course content and timetable
- After the training, apply for reimbursement by attaching receipts as proof of payment
- NITA refunds employers quarterly for monies spend on training.
- What Training’s qualify?
- Both In-house and open training qualify for NITA refund